Highway Safety Kids Calendar Contest for Idaho Elementary Students
Help stop motor vehicle crashes as the number one killer of school children and teenagers. Share a traffic safety message with your students so they can be protected on our roadways. Let them inspire all of Idaho with a traffic safety message, and enter their safety artwork by April 1.
- Kindergarten - Grade 2
- Seat Belts; Child Seats; School Zone Safety or Work Zone Safety
- Grades 3 - 4
- Bicycle Safety; Aggressive Driving, such as speeding, tailgating, running stop signs, traffic lights, or Distracted Driving such as eating, cell phones or texting.
- Grades 5 - 6
- Impaired Driving by adults and teens using alcohol and drugs, Teen Driving Safety, Seat Belts or Work Zone Safety
- Artwork and slogan will send a clear "safe driving" message
- Original hand-drawn artwork (no clip art or computer generated graphics) using any medium
- Paper size at least 8 1/2" x 11" but not larger than 11" x 17"
- Each entry must have the following clearly marked on the back:
- Student Name, Grade, and Name of Teacher as well as the School name, address, city, zip, and telephone number.
- Download a printable form by selecting the following link: Entry Identification Form
Mail entries to: Margaret Goertz, Calendar Coordinator, Office of Highway Safety
Idaho Transportation Department, PO Box 7129, Boise, Idaho 83707-1129
The following images are past runner-ups to the Children's Calendar. Select any of the images to view it in full size.